Posted on Oct 13, 2012 and tagged: innovation • NFPA • products
Krytox Fluorinated Oils & Greases
Originally developed for the U.S. Space Program, Krytox® Performance Lubricants are a family of fluorinated synthetic oils and PTFE thickened greases that perform where conventional lubricants fail. Krytox® Lubricants exhibit superior lubricity, high load carrying ability and extra wear protection. Excellent for high temperature applications and chemically aggressive environments. Available in general purpose, mil-spec grade and food grades. Some lubricants also have a National Stock Number.
- High Temperature Stability, up to 800°F / 426°C
- Wide Operating Range, from -103°F (-75°C) to greater than 800°F (426°C), compared with hydrocarbon lubricants with an operating range of 0°F (-18°C) to 210°F (98°C).
- Oxygen Compatibility, safe for oxygen service.
- Chemical Inertness. Insoluble in hydrocarbons, petroleum distillates, water, steam, chemical solvents and acids/bases. Provides extra protection against aggressive chemicals that degrade conventional lubricants.
- Ionizing Radiation Resistance, more stable than most hydrocarbon and synthetic materials.
- Compatible with plastics, elastomers, metals and ceramics.
- Extends Service Life of critical components. Reduces down time and maintenance costs.
- Low Vapor Pressure
- Low Outgassing
- No Migration, contains no silicones.
- Food Grades (H1 & H2)
- Aerospace Grades
- Mil-spec Grades